Thursday, October 9, 2008

I love that we are finally going to get to vote on slots here in Maryland

I think that it is ridiculous that we currently do not have slots at Maryland racetracks. People like to gamble and will either find an illegal venue to gamble locally or travel out-of-state if Maryland does not provide a legal alternative. Legalized slots will provide people another local legal outlet for gambling, it will help shore up the historic Maryland Horse racing industry, and will provide increase State revenues. I think it is silly to prohibit people for risking their money, but I do see the need for government regulation of gambling to ensure the games aren't rigged. Legalizing slots is a welcome step in the right direction. While the ballot measure isn’t perfect, I am encouraging all of my friends to vote Yes on Constitutional question Number 2 this November 4th.

No comments: